Descale the SENSEO® coffee machine as described below when the CALC indicator goes on.
The descaling procedure consists of 3 cycles:
1x Descaling cycle
2x Rinsing cycle
1. Fill the water reservoir to the max indication.
2. Empty the full water reservoir into a bowl.
3. Mix 50 grams of descaler in the bowl. Stir until the powder is completely dissolved.
4. Fill the water reservoir with the descaling solution.
5. Place the 1-cup pod holder with a used coffee pod in the coffee machine.
Close the lid and make sure that it is properly locked.
The used pod serves as a filter during the descaling process.
6. Put the water reservoir back into the coffee machine.
7. Put a bowl with a capacity of at least 1 liter under the spout to collect the descaling solution.
8. Start the descaling cycle by pressing the two coffee buttons briefly at the same time.
9. The machine starts the descaling cycle. The two coffee button lights and the CALC light flash slowly.
10. During the descaling cycle, the descaling solution comes out of the machine at intervals.
When all the descaling solution in the water reservoir has been used up after approximately 5 - 8 minutes, the two coffee button lights start to flash quickly while the CALC light continues to flash slowly.
11. Remove the used pad and clean the pod holder after descaling.
12. Empty the bowl and place it back under the spout.
13. Rinse the water reservoir under the tap with running tap water.
14. Fill the water reservoir with fresh water up to the MAX indication.
Then put the water reservoir back into the coffee machine.
15. Start the flushing cycle by pressing the two coffee buttons briefly at the same time.
16. During the flushing cycle, water comes out of the machine at intervals.
When all the water in the water reservoir has been used up after approximately 5 - 8 minutes, the two coffee button lights flash quickly while the CALC button flashes slowly.
17. Repeat steps 12 to 15 once more to complete the second flushing cycles.
When the second flushing cycle has finished, the machine switches off automatically.