Descale the SENSEO® coffee machine as described below when the CALC CLEAN indicator goes on.
Depending of the model there are two different descaling tools.
The descaling procedure consists of 3 cycles:
1 x Descaling cycle (approx. 35 minutes)
2 x Rinsing cycle
1. Switch the machine on.
2. Mix 50 grams of citric acid with 1 litre of water in a measuring jug. Stir until the powder is completely dissolved.
3. Remove the milk container unit from the machine.
4. Take the Calc-Clean tool out of the recess in the back of the machine.
If the Calc-Clean tool is not placed in the back of the machine, it was supported inside the original box.
5. Insert the Calc-Clean tool into the coffee spout. Push it until it locks into position with a click. Push down the milk container lever.
6. Fill the water reservoir up to the MAX indication with the descaler mixture. Then put the water reservoir back into the coffee machine.
7. Place the 1-cup holder with a used coffee pod in the coffee machine. Close the lid and make sure it is properly locked.
A used pod serves as a filter during the descaling process.
8. Put a bowl with a capacity of at least 1.5 litres under the spout to collect the descaling mixture.
9. Wait till the indicator light burns continuously. Press the CLEAN/CALC CLEAN button and let the machine operate. Do not interrupt the descaling process! The descaling cycle takes about 35 minutes. When the descaling cycle is finished, the CALC CLEAN indicator lights up again.
10. Empty the bowl and place it back under the spout.
11. Rinse the water reservoir with tap water and fill the water reservoir up to the MAX indication with tap water. Then put the water reservoir back into the coffee machine.
12. Wait till the indicator light burns continuously. Press the CLEAN/CALC CLEAN button to rinse the machine. The rinsing cycle takes a few minutes.
13. Repeat steps 10 to 12
14. Remove the Calc-Clean tool froom the coffee spout.
15. Remove the used pad and clean the pod holder after descaling.